Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Week One : Vine Ripe Farm CSA

As the first week of our CSA membership comes to a close and I am thinking about how excited I am about what I might get tomorrow when I pick up my Week 2 share, I realize I really should have taken pictures of what I got and what I made!  (Lesson learned, I'll be sure to do it this week.)

So, sans photos - Here is how week one 'looked'
Filling for Enchiladas
  • 1 bag of loose leaf lettuce (it made 4 big dinner salads)
  • 1 head of red leaf lettuce
  • 1 bunch of Russian kale
  • 1 large bunch of chives
  • 1 bag of spinach
  • 1 small bunch of green garlic
  • 1 medium 'head?' of pac choi 

From this share we have enjoyed:
  • 4 large (Applebee's copycat) oriental chicken style salads (meal size) (2 dinners, and left overs the next day)
  • 3 medium lunch sized Greek salads
  • Dinner veggie and herb fritatta (Grayson's request!)
  • 2 dinners + lunch leftovers for 1 - Korean Vegetable Pancakes (packed full of chives and grilled pac choi)
  • Saute of kale, Italian sausage, and gnocchi  (we made a few small changes, but this is a great starting point recipe)(enough for dinner and left overs)
We haven't used thee green garlic yet, but I am thinking it will go on the grill this weekend along side some steaks.

No comments: