Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Water Beads!

I was so excited to finally get to try this very cool PAHM idea with my kids.  I had been searching for these beads at the craft stores with no luck, so I sucked it up and made a trip to the local "stuff-mart" (aka- Walmart.)  Sure enough, they had them - so I bought a bunch so I wouldn't have to go back again for a long, long, long time. 

We had an early release from school because of impending (turned out to be nothing) snow, so I had a few extra hours at home.  I had thought I would use the time to clean up the disaster area of a dining room/play room - but once we started with the water beads I decided playing with the kids was a much better use of my time! 



For hours they returned to the bowl in the kitchen.  We talked about how big they were getting, what they felt like, then mixed in a different color and they compared sizes, textures, etc.  It was a great OT/Sensory activity for Grayson - he practiced fishing around to pick out the tiny purple ones before they hydrated.  Even when Reece got home he immediately came over and stuck his hands in and squished them, splashed them, and played with them.

The next morning the first thing the boys wanted to know was if they were going to get to play with them again!

No comments: