Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sick Day




This morning the twins woke up with raging fevers and feeling really lousy.  It seems they have finally caught the nasty, nasty crud that is rampant in the schools right now.  We decided that Doug would stay home with them and let them veg out on the couch and take it easy all day.  Since they don't get TV very often, we figured we could let them watch Blue Clue's, drink juice, and lay on the coach most of the day.

Of course, as luck would have it, the ONE day (yep, first time ever) that Doug stays home with sick little boys his dad calls and gives about 2 hours notice that he needs a ride to the airport an hour away.  I'm not thrilled with loading sick, fever ridden kids into the car for a 3 hour back and forth - but I didn't find out until after the window of opportunity for me to get a sub had passed and I was already at school.  Ugh.

I hope they get the rest they need today - and I hope I can stop feeling guilty for not staying home so they could sleep in their own beds like they need to. 

No comments: