Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Meal Planning 1/2/2012

My first meal planning of 2012 - wow!  This week I decided to steal an idea I saw on someone's blog a few months ago and try to make a real effort to use what is in my house and keep purchasing to a minimum.  I know I'll have to buy about 4 gallons of milk and 2 loaves of bread along with bananas or other fruit - but I poked around in my cabinets for things I already had - things I bought for meals that never got made, etc. and made my menu from that.  On Sunday I spent $31 for bread, milk, hot dogs, bananas, and some produce.  We'll see how it goes!

Sunday:  Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Monday: Chicken w/ sausage dressing and asparagus
Tuesday: Bean Burritos w/ homemade tomato salsa
Wednesday: Stir Fry w/ Tofu and veggies
Thursday: Left Over Night (or omelets if there are no leftovers)
Friday: Pizza Night
Saturday: Baked ham, mac and cheese, and  veggies

Linking to OrgJunkie, where Meal Planning Monday lives.

UPDATE: We did pretty well this week.  I did have to take a Thursday milk and bananas run - so that was $10.  I also grabbed two big trays of chicken breasts to freeze since it was on sale for under $2 pound.  I spent  a total of $27 more, for a total of$58 for the week - and I have 6 bags of chicken in the freezer now. 

No comments: