Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Busy, busy...

We had a busy afternoon in our house today!  Since I had to leave work early for Grayson's IEP meeting I ended up home earlier than usual.  The boys were very excited to see me come in the door early.  It really does make you feel pretty loved :)      
                      
After much running around the house - up the stairs, down the stairs - I really needed to start working on dinner.  I tried to set the boys up in the living room but they would have nothing to do with it.  They both insisted that they be in the kitchen since that is where I was.   So we got out the workbooks and did some "tracing work" first.  It involved lots of cute noises as they went zoooooppp! from one spot to the next.

When that got old we moved on to "magic coloring."  Not that I worry so much about the mess - I actually bought them for the car ride - but they wanted to use markers (instead of crayons) and since I was trying to make dinner at the same time I figured it was a better choice.  
Once dinner was ready we picked up all the coloring stuff and they had dinner.  I am feeling pretty crappy these days, so dinner ended up being pretty lame (bacon, grits, eggs, and toast.)  I felt bad it wasn't something better, but they gobbled it up and proclaimed it to be really good.  You have to love 3 year olds.

After dinner there was more play to be accomplished.  Gabe was very interesting in building a tower out of random things.  I wish I had gotten the camera sooner - at one point he had bridges, trucks, cars, a ladder, and a crayon weeble thing, and a little man all balanced.

No comments: